What we’re doing isn’t easy. But nothing worth doing ever is.
We envision a future powered by robots that work seamlessly with human teams. We build the Artificial Intelligence that enables service robots to collaborate with people and adapt to dynamic human environments. Join our founding team of mission-driven, venture-backed roboticists who will translate cutting-edge research into commercial reality. The technical challenges are immense. With your talent and passion, we will get there faster.
Hello, pale blue dot. Meet Diligent Robotics.
The work will be fast-paced and you should love the challenge of tackling new problems that will arise. You should be willing to get your hands dirty and dive into challenges whether they be developing new AI algorithms or understanding the latencies of network throughput. We are hiring the founding engineering team that will be writing the core software stack that will enable a robot to navigate and manipulate objects in human environments in a way that is safe, robust, and socially acceptable. We are looking for superstars excited to bring mobile manipulation into human environments:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, ECE, Robotics, or a related field
- 2+ years experience programing robots in ROS
- Knowledge in C++, Python, Linux
- Experience deploying algorithms on real robots
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaborates well in a team environment
- Flexibility and the ability to quickly adapt to growing changes in the projects
- Excellent coding and testing habits
Nice to have:
- Experience designing and developing robotic systems for human-robot interaction
- Experience in mechatronic systems, electrical systems, networks, IT and Linux-administration
- Experience with Gazebo or MuJoCom
- Strong background in AI
- Demonstrated ability to turn academic theory to practical code
- Opportunity to be part of our founding team, with a strong influence on the direction of the company and our initial product
- Competitive salary and equity based on experience and contribution
- Experience working with some of the leading experts in human-robot interaction
- Work on challenging problems that promise to radically change the future of healthcare
- Live and work in Austin, TX. Home of SXSW, ACL, ranked #1 best city to live in 2017 by US News
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Applications will be accepted until our founding team is complete.